Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pont Alexandre III Street Lamp

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Khayyam polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys hope you all doing well!
Here is something i have been working on for a while.That's my first upload on this forum so if i broke a rule my apology in advance .
Pont Alexandre III Street Lamp. Finally finished my second personal project which involved learning multiple software packages from scratch. The idea was to marry highly detailed visuals with the lowest possible polycounts, aiming towards only a few uv islands. (Still a little over 100k polys, however further reductions are possible at the expense of visual fidelity). This is a piece for my future game environment, which I haven't yet started working on seriously.
HQ pics are here :
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/v2255E

Let me know what you think.
Thank you.

Replies

• teodar23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teodar23 sublime tool
    The detail is very good and also the material definition. But 100k for one lamp post is a bit too much for a game. If youre shooting for next gen or archviz or movies, sure, but right now its waaay too much.
  • Khayyam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khayyam polycounter lvl 3
    teodar23 said:
    The detail is very good and also the material definition. But 100k for one lamp post is a bit too much for a game. If youre shooting for next gen or archviz or movies, sure, but right now its waaay too much.
    Thanks Teodar23, glad you liked it! and yeah! im pretty much aware of that. you see the problem is i have had already sculpted all those details and wanted to emphasize rather lose them .i guess for my personal environment it is plausible to put it on. but anyway its still possible to reduce poly count down to 50k and still retain decent amount of details . Thanks for the advice . now and on i will stick to the low poly optimization.