Home Technical Talk

Mouse Recommendations for Maya - Soft Middle Click.

Hi👋 , My 8 years old Lovely mouse near to dead and out of production. he came to his end of life 😢
if you are a Autodesk Maya User You know how middle mouse button softness is important.
I cannot buy 50 mouse to try one by one. I am looking for your experiences. which mouses have soft middle mouse button click (not talking about scroll up down) Middle Click.
do you prefer me something rather than 3dconnecsion or 3D Space Mouse ? they are too expensive for me.
Im focused on :Logitech G603, Logitech MX Ergo Mouse,Logitech MX Master 3 or whatsoever..

what are your experiences ? can you recommend me a mouse that has middle mouse click is soft ?

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
  • kturkay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

thanks Eric. I am visiting polycount since 90s when I was 20 now 44.I already did search
    and found Nothing! not only in polycount and all other websites nobody talks about this critique.
    for a day I am reading comments and read all of them already. but nobody responded as I see. so do you have a recommendation or not?
    I found no recommendations. I read whole internet. not just polycount.
    I baught online, a Logitech master 3. will repost only about the middle mouse button experiements.

every Maya User Knows how middle button click is important. and seems nobody cares it.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you see the fourth search result? Multiple replies recommending specific models.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also, per the Info sticky in General Discussion, include what searches and solutions you've tried already. Otherwise we're likely to repeat things you may have tried already. No hard feelings, just trying to help.
  • ZeroBiit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZeroBiit polycounter lvl 5
    I'm looking for a soft MMB too, but apparently every review tends to skip that button...
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    My recommendation is that I don't want to use the middle button click - too carpal tunnely. Instead a reprogrammable side thumb button does much nicer. I am using G502. Very ergonomic to simply give a "squeeze" with the thumb rather than lifting and moving fingers.
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rocket Ninja does decent mice reviews, they're gaming oriented, but he tends to cover a wide range.

I probably commented in one of those threads on the search, but what I did was open my mouse up and taped some padding over the middle switch. Not enough to make it a sludgy click, but it did help with travel distance. If I wanted to get hardcore about it, I'd probably try to find replacement springs.

I've never found side buttons to be that comfy, but maybe I've never had a mouse where I can easily click one without moving my wrist.
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    When I switched to Maya for a new gig I also switched to exclusively using a wacom pen as I had been having some shoulder issues. Was actually a lot easier than I had anticipated.
  • kturkay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    as a autodesk maya user, my experiences. it seems nobody interests to share and it seems I am the one responsible for that job :D
    I used a4tech g11-570fx rechargeable mouse more than8 years just for soft middle click. still working.. app maybe out of production nowadays.
    and middle mouse button is the softest one and rival 310 is one of the softest one. mx master 3 is expensive and I dont recommend if you are looking for soft middle click as a maya user.

soft middle click results
    rival310 ***** (wow! didn't expected that softness. I love it)
    a4tech g11 ***** (used more than 8 years still working. but had lags due to wireless connection)
    logitech mx master 3 *** (indeed good mouse but bad middle click)
    logitech g102 ***** really good soft middle click

for the sake of autodesk maya users, I will try to update this thread as I test other mouses.