Home Marmoset

GI leak

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi, I've been having this problem for a while now and I couldn't find a solution anywhere so I'm giving this a shot here, I have a this scene and for some reasons there's some GI leaking through the jacket, it doesn't seam like a reflection(I turned off specularity in the GI and it still appears - but it's gone when I turn off diffuse in GI), here are a few things I already tried:
- Voxel resolution is turned to High, tried playing with the scene fit as well - turning it to max helps a bit but it makes other reflections funky
- Scene scale looks right, farmer guy is a bit bigger than my character
- Tried different light set ups and it happens in all of them, the set up in the pics is just a sky light
- Cranking up AO seems to slightly help but not much
- Changing the material on the jacket / top doesn't help, even with a base shader it still happens(also with / without a normal map - so nothing broken there)
- The leak still happens if I unhide the body geo
- I'm using default camera settings

Been loosing my mind over this so any help would be welcome, thanks!

GI leaking:

Render settings:

No jacket:

Replies

• WillDettrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WillDettrey polycounter lvl 11
    Goosh, light leaking is an unfortunate byproduct of a Voxel GI system. You can adjust various settings to change the look of the render but the leaking in this type of scenario will still exist.
  • DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    I played with that issue a lot on this little project/test of mine after reading about this, i got a lot of info here :https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2xeYRx
    If any of it helps great, if not, i really don't know what else to do, since i can't code my own scripts (custom section) you might somehow be able to fix it.  Good luck hope it does help you or anyone though, also take note that i sometimes hide would be messy looking publicized works whether helpful or not.  So check it quick i guess.