Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Fisherman's Hut

Hi there! It is my first time here posting a thread of the work I'm doing and how it develops. I'm working on a little diorama/environment of Serg Tsvelykh. Link here to the original post.

So far I have been working on the block out. Next step is to start with the low poly and polishing a bit the block out first to avoid future concerns.

Hope you like what I'll be working on. Any feedback is welcomed so shoot me with it.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey, I'd increase the size of the eyes by quite a bit. Also, all your edges are soft, which is pretty weird. I would make the tail more narrow, you could even separate it from the main body and have it more like a building. Something like the tail being more narrow gives the scene more reference to how big the building actually is.
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Sarius97 said:
    Hi there! It is my first time here posting a thread of the work I'm doing and how it develops. I'm working on a little diorama/environment of Serg Tsvelykh. Link here to the original post.

So far I have been working on the block out. Next step is to start with the low poly and polishing a bit the block out first to avoid future concerns.

Hope you like what I'll be working on. Any feedback is welcomed so shoot me with it.

the house on the top and the curled wooden piece that sticks out from it are both seperated pieces, keep them seperated. Everything that is seperated in the concept, modell them seperated
  • Sarius97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, I'd increase the size of the eyes by quite a bit. Also, all your edges are soft, which is pretty weird. I would make the tail more narrow, you could even separate it from the main body and have it more like a building. Something like the tail being more narrow gives the scene more reference to how big the building actually is.
    Hi thanks for the feedback. I've tried to do everything you pointed out here and it looks much bette. Still not happy with the tail so may work a bit more on that.
    wirrexx said:
    Sarius97 said:

the house on the top and the curled wooden piece that sticks out from it are both seperated pieces, keep them seperated. Everything that is seperated in the concept, modell them seperated
    Thanks for the advice I tried to do that in more places and it turned out looking better. I think I don't have more parts to separate but if you see any in the next screenshots feel free to do so.

Gonna do another post after this one with the updates.
  • Sarius97
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After taking all the advice you gave me and putting more assets into the scene and some more work in general, I think it looks much better now. Here there are two screenshots: One of the viewport and one with a very simple lighting to see how the shadows would work.

Still not fully happy with the lantern and the tail. Also I have to do the few assets for the store tomorrow.