Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Red Ranger

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Clinsparks polycounter lvl 11
Hi everyone !

I'm working on a new personnal project, it's based on the Red Ranger redesign by Dave Rapoza.

For now I'm taking some liberties with my interpretation, first with the jacket that I will make closer to a real one, but not completly like one.
Also with the proportions, not as stylized for the feet and wrists for exemple.

At the moment I'm in the blocking phase, did a basemesh with enough features to get me started, the rest is dynamesh.
I think the upper part oh his suit still needs some work on the pattern.

The body :

Screen shots with and without the jacket :

Quick posing with the original concept :

Replies

• Clinsparks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Showing some progress on the Ranger :)

I wanted to make sure everything looked right so I did a quick polypaint on the dyanmesh model

Since then I'm working on the suit in Marvelous Designer, here is a screenshot of the top part. I created base for the other parts but I wanted to experiment first on one element.

C&C are welcome :)
  • Clinsparks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks @DarthMaul for your feedback :) 
    Initially I tried to replicate the original one, without following the concept too much for this part.

As the concept is a bit blurry for this part, I tried to refine my work on the helmet while keeping a good balance between the original one and  the redesigned one. Here are some screenshots :

As I progressed I realized that the previous one didn't looked like the original from the series ^^.
    I think the new version has a better balance, it looks like the concept while keeping some attributes of the original one. It still needs some tweaking, but I'm satisfied with the design.

• Clinsparks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all, it's been a long time since I posted, here's my progress on the Ranger.
    Currently I'm creating his suit in Marvelous designer, I did a first simulation with light quality setting:

After some feedbacks I did a more detailed simulation, fixed the trousers and the jacket, here's my most recent progress on it :

There are still fixes to be done on the jacket, I'm not satisfied witht the armpits fold and the lower back.
    I did a small separation of 0.3 mm between the diamond patterns, I think it's a bit small.

Helmet, emblems, boots and gloves are placeholders.

C&C are welcome :)