Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Asian Female Head Sculpting

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and 3D art. I have been learning Blender for about 5 months. This is the first Asian female head I made this week. I would love to have your feedback and critics to help me improve my art, thank you so much!

Replies

• rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    Everyone needs to start somewhere. 
    But as JustAfterDark said: grab references, compare, then compare even more. 
    You need to learn to see what's off and best way is always to compare it to some ref.
    Keep going!

(ignore the hair for the moment until your proportions are somewhere..)
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Good advice above.
    You can also download daz3d for free and use it to produce orthographic reference images which you can apply to image planes in Blender.
    You should have a second monitor near your main screen which you can use to place reference on while you work. This will help you with positioning and form. You can also download a free skeleton model and place that under you sculpt in Blender:
    Have fun!
  • Kaleidoscope9999
    Wow!!Thank you so much for all of these awesome advice. I'll keep working on improving anatomy.

I watched more tutorials and I did another one female head and a male body. I hope to get more critics from you all. Thank you again very much! I greatly appreciate your time.