Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Purple - Female Base Mesh

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Vegel_Grady polycounter lvl 4

Hello everyone!

I Hope you're doing well in this insane 2020, pretty busy times are ahead.

For this time I want to share the coming soon base mesh I will upload on the Marketplace soon. In the first months of 2020 I've realized that I had to dig deeper into the logic behind Retopology. I know how much it can be hard to understand, and I think I still have to fix something before the release. But I want to be sure to give a big help to anyone who wants to understand and practice in the game ready production! ^^ 

https://www.artstation.com/vegelgrady/blog

Replies

• Vegel_Grady
    Offline / Send Message
    @JustAfterDark thank you ^^ I know I still have a lot to learn, however I suggest you to do the same thing. ^^"
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Very good advice from JustAfterDark. Your figure seems off the mark. Download a human skull and place it under your sculpt to get your positions and volumes right. Your head seems to be missing jaw volume and the skull volume is too high in profile.

The profile shows problems in the shoulder and arm structure. The muscle locations and volumes dont look correct. Also the legs are missing muscle volume and character curves. The subtle bend and flow that define limbs seems to be missing. Below is a screen from a free app called Daz. It uses editable scanned content and is ideal for refeance.

Also the value of someone's advice has little to do with what you think their level is.
  • Vegel_Grady
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga thank you for the advice, I will for sure take as good as yours also the one from justafterdark, ^^ I think every advice is very helpful, however there is a certain way to write feedback, I find yours more useful, thank you. ^^