Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Character portfolio review

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
BrutalNoob polycounter lvl 2
Hello everyone! 

I would really love if you could review my 3D character portfolio and tell me how can I make it stronger and expand it. 
What is missing? what should I work on more to compliment it? Should I remove something? 
I never had this kind of input and I would really like to know what you guys think. 

Thanks a lot! 

Replies

• jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I would loose the concept art and the venom piece, those are the only two that dont seem to cut it with the rest of your work. 
  • BrutalNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @jose.fuentes thanks for your feedback, you feel like the venom piece is not looking good enough? 
  • Will_Maccabe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will_Maccabe polycounter lvl 3
    Great stuff. I loved the sci-fi character bust in particular. Portfolio is looking pretty solid overall. Keep on, and good luck!
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    @jose.fuentes thanks for your feedback, you feel like the venom piece is not looking good enough? 
    yeah man, that's just IMO, his sculpting seems a little mushy and not as refined as your other pieces.  But again thats just me, in the end do what you feel is best 
  • BrutalNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Will_Maccabe thank you very much i really appreciate it.
  • BrutalNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @jose.fuentes i think you are right, i did the venom one maybe too quickly, thanks a lot!
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks pretty good.
    You have a lot of characters hidden under one thumb. Maybe its time to work on the presentation. Just a suggestion but I would finish each one so you can put them under their own thumb. Light, texture and stick them in a 3d viewer. I think grouping a bunch of semi finished ones under one thumb is a bit of a waste. I would work them all to completion and have an aim of no greyscale content in your folio. Sure you can show grey but as a part of the finished presentation.

For instance, texture your avatar here.
    Cya in a year :)
  • bfalwcon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bfalwcon polycounter lvl 6
    Nice portfolio so far! I do have to agree with Jose though, the 2D Concepts and the venom piece should be taken out. I would say maybe re sculpt him make him even more badass and menacing! The lighting in your Spider Man piece is a on the much brighter side to me, I personally think you should tone it down so that the shadows can really make the detail pop. The Sci-Fi soldier bust clothing is looking really solid! You did a good job describing how the material looks and feels if that makes sense! The only thing I have about him is the face could use another pass. I can't place my finger on it but the texture seems off to me. On that note I would go back and give the same love to the Minotaur the armor seems really solid but the strap is too shiny if that is leather. The Forge Arena assets need to stay though. Those are really good! 

Anyway! You are definitely heading in the right direction my guy! Keep leveling up!
  • BrutalNoob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you very much for your feedback guys, i really appreciate it! 
  • bfalwcon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bfalwcon polycounter lvl 6
    No problem man! Looking forward to seeing updates!