Home Career & Education

I do not know how to continue...

TirvasFreeze
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
TirvasFreeze polycounter lvl 3
Hello,

1.5 Years ago i started with 3D i focused on Architecture. Well after this time Architecture isn't Fun anymore + A lot of people say Architecture is gonna die because of Real Time. The companys are gonna do their self Architecture 3D Visualization because it got so easy. Well now ive got a big problem i live in Germany and here are no Automotive 3D Visualization Studios (I dont even know how to call the Job wich specialize on that), My biggest dream would be work on a Studio wich specialize on Games but all the great studios are in USA... So what now ? I really hope you can understand me and help me.

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    If you've never worked in a game studio you need to get experience before the high profile studios will hire you. I suggest just working for any game studio that will give you a job. There's a few game studios in Germany - like Crytek.

Or - Germany is part of the EU so you could work for a game studio in other european countries (eg Ubisoft in Paris or DICE in Stockholm) 
  • another caveman
    Offline / Send Message
    another caveman greentooth
    Go on game engines Discord, job categories often have up to date offers. Epic hires a lot of archviz people for unreal demos and all, you might find a job offer fitting you there. Same with Unity. It can be a foot in the game industry also.
    the Discord I mentionned - you can find other people requiring your realtime knowledge :)
  • defragger
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    ... uh there are what now??
    We have tons of Automotive 3D visualization studios in germany. Some of the pioneers of 3d interface and navigation + the whole unity based car configurator thing. They are located in Erlangen, Munich, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt.

Also check this list of game studios in germany (there are many more):

• Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    defragger said:
    ... uh there are what now??
    We have tons of Automotive 3D visualization studios in germany. Some of the pioneers of 3d interface and navigation + the whole unity based car configurator thing. They are located in Erlangen, Munich, Stuttgart, Wolfsburg, Ingolstadt.

Also check this list of game studios in germany (there are many more):

haha yeah, if there is a ton in Germany its visualization companies. why would realtime replace you guys? just because the renderings are faster done? just do arch vis in realtime, it has its own set of limitations and technicalities but essentially i doubt it is a ton different. Besidss architecture, some of the biggest car companies in the world are here, they have their own art departments, or work with specialized vendors. One would think there are tons of those here.
    Besides games, there are plenty of other options, advertisements, also companies here cam be specialized in automotive ads. Or medical visualization , military etc. your skillset coming from architecture can be used in all those fields. Realtime or not
  • Prime8
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    In Archviz realtime rendering will definitely not replace classic offline rendering. They will be utiilzed in parallel as it is done now. Depending on project, client and other factors a rendering from a realtime engine can be sufficient, but still it will not replace offline rendering.
    As the others wrote, of course there are companies specialized on automotive visualization, because there is a huge automotive industry.

If your big dream is working in the game industry, look at portfolios of pros, get to that level and start applying for a job. There are not many jobs available in Germany and they require work experience most of the time, which makes it difficult to start.
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Start posting your stuff for feedback.

It's how many of us here, got going/git gud!