Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Modern Day Warlock

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
SgtBabbit greentooth
PROJECT AIMS: I want to practice realism in character art. I want to push my skin texturing, outfit modelling, and practice hair cards. I also haven't sculpted many men so I want to work on that. 
My partner, Luke, had this really cool character idea for a modern day warlock and generously let me make it. He makes his living selling his occult services to the rich elite. I have started by blocking out the anatomy, then a quick mushy block out of the clothes and hair. Next I did a quick paint over to get a direction. Working with Luke to make sure the vibe was right and fitted with his emerging back story, we decided to swap the turtleneck for a button down and tie. Elements like buttons and jewellery can be used to push the occult profession. 
CC welcome! All help is appreciated, this is maybe my most ambitious project yet!

Replies

• SgtBabbit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SgtBabbit greentooth
    Long time no post! Things have been absolutely crazy over here. Made the decision to leave my full time job and move with my partner as he starts his new job in amsterdam and then BAM quarantine. Life is a lot right now. But I've found some time to work on this project. 

• Sora123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sora123 polycounter lvl 5
    nice work! I like the shoes. Btw Got a good tutorial by any change an how to make shoes like that?
  • SgtBabbit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SgtBabbit greentooth
    @Sora123 thank-you! I always refer back to this playlist by Tibi Neag. It was a huge turning point in my own process, and he covers everything from the base mesh, the armour and the shoes! I make my shoes entirely in Zbrush now, utilizing Zmodeller and Move Topology. I also really love this playlist by Ilya Gagarin of the  creation of his shinobi character for an Artstation challenge. Both are really great for seeing the approach to fiddly things like shoes. Hope that helps!

-----

I wanted a break from sculpting so I went back to the face, sculpted in some skin details, unwrapped and baked. I started a very basic skin texture and set it up in marmoset to get the feel for it. I have a long long ways to go with it yet and any help would be appreciated

• Sora123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sora123 polycounter lvl 5
    wow nice playlist  will do to check out thx!