Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Body Sculpt Critique

Hello. I was hoping that someone could pick apart my sculpt to where I would need improvement or areas I need to focus on. Currently using 3D Coat for this sculpt. Thank You in advance and look forward to what I need to work on.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moving this from Career & Education to the section 3D Art Showcase & Critiques.
  • vavavoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom polycounter lvl 11
    Hi, 
    I think it's a good start.

I'm trying to learn anatomy too... it's a tough challenge for me.

To help: Is it possible to put a background photo in 3D Coat? If so, grab a human figure reference photo from Google images and work from that, it can really help.

Also, take front/side/back screengrabs of your sculpt in orthographic view perspective and post them if you can, I think It is helpful for others to crit your sculpt more.

As for my crits, so far I think proportions are looking good. The pose looks a little awkward though from the side. Looks a little off balance perhaps?

Make a simple head blockout, and hands too to help get a better overall feel of the sculpt.

keep going, it's a solid start :)
  • BlueNapalm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vavavoom said:
    Hi, 
    I think it's a good start.

I'm trying to learn anatomy too... it's a tough challenge for me.

To help: Is it possible to put a background photo in 3D Coat? If so, grab a human figure reference photo from Google images and work from that, it can really help.

Also, take front/side/back screengrabs of your sculpt in orthographic view perspective and post them if you can, I think It is helpful for others to crit your sculpt more.

As for my crits, so far I think proportions are looking good. The pose looks a little awkward though from the side. Looks a little off balance perhaps?

Make a simple head blockout, and hands too to help get a better overall feel of the sculpt.

keep going, it's a solid start :)

Thank You. Yes, It is possible to add a background image within 3D Coat. I have not yet attempted that, but I will on the next sculpt. So far I've just been referring to images outside of 3D Coat. I've made a lot of changes since this post.
  • BlueNapalm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow. Just one small change can make things better. The lower back was bothering me. Was too far pushed in.