Home Technical Talk

Any animation software to use with Blender?

Everywhere I go, I end up seeing Blender as rather mediocre. Even any decent models I do come across end up having pretty disappointingly low quality animations. That being said, I do know Blender does have potential to make good quality things... If it's able to work with other software like ZBrush and Substance Painter, then even I'm willing to stick with Blender IF I can get a simple answer that I can never find anywhere else:

Is there a software that I can find where I can import a model I make in Blender to rig and animate in that software? Would KeyShot work better, or K3D, or Modo? I can never get a straight answer as to whether IClone works well with Blender or not, but would that work? What are any software that can serve this purpose?

3dsMax and Maya are out of the question because 1: Everyone says that as the go-to for animating, and I get it! And 2: I already tried it, but my computer is a _____ that won't let me install it, so that's why I'm looking for anything that can work with Blender that actually works right...

Replies