Home Digital Sketchbooks

SketchBook: Eli McCaffrey

triangle
Offline / Send Message
EliMcCaffrey triangle
Hello everyone! For my first digital sketchbook post I'm going to be showing you my sculpt of the Lich from Adventure Time. I chose to do the version fo him when he disguised himself as Billy, because I thought that would be more interesting to work on. I had a lot of fun doing this project and am pleased with the end result so far. There is still things to touch up more, but that part of the process truly never ends.

Replies

• EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

This is my Landscape Diorama that I made for class. The idea behind is if a Lemonade bottle became a sealed terrarium, what would that look like?
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

Here is a sculpt I've been working on. I just poly-painted it but it still feels a little off, I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me any crits on it because honestly I'm a little stuck. Thank you in advance!
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

I did some more work on this sculpt and fixed up the colors a bit. I still feel like it's missing something, maybe more definition and depth in the face. I did have fun with the fiber mesh, it's my first time using it and it was surprisingly easy. More updates on this to come!
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

Finally got to finish my first game ready asset in class today! The design was by Maeve Broadbin and can be found here. I had a lot of fun doing this project and learned a lot too as well. The best thing is that this process doesn't feel as scary anymore now that I've done it. Here are the links for Art Station and Sketchfab
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle
    Here is my radio asset that was done for class. I learned a lot from this project, through mistake of course, but I guess that just means it will stick better! Link to ref here
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

In a few hours I'm headed off to start my spring break. It didn't feel right leaving before I could even do a small project. So I chose a ref from Pinterest and made a gun in a few hours. I would have liked to be able to texture is before I leave but I'm still happy with my ability to work under a tighter time crunch. Looking forward to finishing this when I get back!
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

Now that I'm back from break I did some textures and a quick render of the gun. Not too satisfied with it yet but it's getting there.
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

Here is my Anti Gravity Pie Tote that I made from Adventure Time! I will be going through the list of objects from the show so that I can get some practice in. Next on the list is Memow's Assassin's kit. I'm super excited to jump into that and I may even record my process!
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

Finally finished my gun from Spring Break. The concept was from Sam Neilson here's his blog. I realize after working on it a bit that I understood the reference wrong but I still like the way it came out. Learned a lot and if I'm ever extremely bored I might go back and fix the bottom part to match the ref.
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle

First set of shots for my environment project!
  • EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle
    Hi everyone! I'm Eli, I'll be a senior at CCS this fall, and this is my senior thesis. I want to turn this sketchbook into a progress book for Wanderer and share the process of making it. I'm going start with posting updates on Thursdays but I may tweak that schedule later on. Here is the Pitch Deck to give everyone an idea of what Wanderer is. I'm excited to start working on it and I'll see y'all next Thursday!

• EliMcCaffrey
    Offline / Send Message
    EliMcCaffrey triangle
    For the first week I decided to focus on testing out some techniques to develop the style of Wanderer more. I want to do this thru maybe a small series of post cards. The first one is a giant caterpillar eating a landscape of trees. In the 3d production of it I did not get too far yet. There is still somethings in Unity that I need to figure out more and some anxieties I have to take care of. Below is the sketch and block out of the scene. The caterpillar looks very intestine like haha so this next week I'm going to sculpt him out and make it look more like a swallow tail caterpillar. At the very bottom is a render from Fiona Bosquet (post is here), I am going to use that as a quality bar for my final renders. With that being said I have plenty of work to do so I will see you all next week!

^Fiona Bosquet