Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Skull anatomy - critique please

Deniell
triangle
Offline / Send Message
Deniell triangle
Hello. I want to start with character modeling and I decided to start with skeleton since many of you tell it's important to know what's underneath the skin apart from muscles. So, I started with the skull and I would like to know your opinion. It's not my first skull, it's the first one that worths to post here. :D Thank you in advance.

Replies

• JohannesAg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohannesAg greentooth
    Did a quick liquify on your skull. There are some areas you could revisit. The jaw, nose and eye sockets are a bit wide. Your teeth are kinda small and it seems like you sculpted the gums as part of the skull. The shape I circled is a bit off from the quarter view. hopefully the image shows what I´m talking about. 

• Deniell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deniell triangle
    Thanks @JohannesAg. Now it seems so obvious when I look at your retouching. :D
  • Deniell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deniell triangle
    I made another skull today. i also forgeot to mention that the first skull I posted here was created by following a skull tutorial. This one is made by me and my gather knowledge and reference of course.

And something for entertainment... my first skull attempt about month ago. I had absolutely no skill in skull anatomy and Zbrush. :D