Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Likeness sculpting WIP

Hello all!
I wanted to take you through my current project which is a 3D character of mine in which I will be incorporating a likeness sculpt for practice. I'd love to have some critique and take you through the process so far. 

Starting point and self critique:

Progress work 1 and peer critique:

Post critique and 3rd pass: 

*hair is place holder and I'm not quite ready to move on to secondary/tertiary details until I feel settled in the primary forms. So far I think that the jawline could be too wide still, eyes may need to come slightly in closer together, neck area is too thick, and back of the head needs to be addressed. 

I want to thank anyone in advance who contributes to any critique on this thread. I will eternally cherish any feedback and would love to keep you updated with future results.

Replies

• kaitlynreneeart
    Update: I addressed my aforementioned areas of concern and took another look at the nose. I feel happy with the state of the piece and have decided to move on to sculpting the primary and secondary forms of the neck and chest, as well as readdressing the ears before moving on to tertiary details.
    Of course critique is still welcome, but due to time constraints the show must go on!

4th pass: 

• kaitlynreneeart
    Another update:
    I have moved on to tertiary details. Not much to say other than i'd still love a critique.