Home Technical Talk

Blender - How to render model with wireframe in Cycles (actual wireframe, not triangulized)

Peksio
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Peksio polycounter lvl 4
Hello, I wanted to ask you for your help. How can I render in Blender Cycles my model with wireframe on it ?

I googled and found out about wireframe node in Rendering, but this node is adding wireframe how pc is seeing it (all tris). And I would like to render my actual wireframe (quads and ngons too). Is it possible ?

Thank you

Replies

• Prime8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prime8 interpolator
    The material node triangulates always. Depending on what and how you wanna show it, the wireframe modifier could be a solution, it creats actual geometry though.
    If you need more help, it would be helpful to post some images.
  • AndySC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndySC polycounter lvl 5
    The Wireframe modifier can work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAaToapgBxQ You can put the wireframe modifier before a subdiv modifier, but you will need to enable crease edges on the wireframe mod.
    There is a workaround; select all your objects, tab to enter multi object edit mode to see the meshes, set viewport to Cycles render (with enough viewport render samples), wait for the image to clean up enough and use the Windows Snipping tool to crop out what you need. Not ideal, but works well enough.
    It would be nice if the material wireframe node gave us the option to not triangulate the mesh though.

Icosphere and taurus with subdiv and a squashed cube.