Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Edward's house on unreal

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Slassh polycounter lvl 2
Hi all
I am starting the WIP of an environment on unreal 4.

I chose to take as reference the superb artwork of Maxim Verehin ( https://www.artstation.com/verehin ) that here:
(I dont want to do a copy is just a reference for idea)

I started to block out it

thanks !

Replies

• Creative_Pika_Geek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Creative_Pika_Geek polycounter lvl 3
    So far I really like your project, the only thing that makes it kind of look off is thebackground. It just looks like one background "layer". I would recommend you to take more "mountain-layers" and emphasize the haze between it a bit. This will create ore depth in your background and hopefully make it look more believable. :)
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks creative_pika_geek for the reply!
    I wanna work on this at the end I think but its true I need to make more than 1 layer background.
    Im going post the progress when I have finished the house. Thanks !
  • PolyPushr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyPushr polycounter lvl 2
    I love your lighting so far and I know you are still at the blocking in stage but I think the overall proportions of the house need some more work before the finer detailing is started. In particular the upper level looks wider in the concept than in yours but I guess you have said you want to take your own spin on it I just think the concept is a slightly nicer silhouette and you could then embellish the details on top of that silhouette. The slope of the ground is also bothering me, I think its a tad too steep and that land would of probably been flattened a bit more when they were constructing the building. 

Great work so far though and I think this will look amazing finished! :) 
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks PolyPushr !
    There is a small update sorry for that I cant work too much atm.

Worked on the roof, lights, and background.
    Thanks !
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Last update before sleep, some other blockout and smart materials !

Thanks guys !
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    I worked a little on the wip, do not hesitate to give your opinion, thank you !

• OscarEsteban5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OscarEsteban5 polycounter lvl 4
    I don't have so much to say because the project is looking pretty good.

Nevertheless, I see your project is more bluish than the concept (maybe you made this decision and it is perfect), I would suggest to try to make the path like muddy, with puddles instead of small rocks; and lastly, I would reduce the chromatic aberration effect.

But as I said, the project is looking very interesting and I want to see the progress ;)
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Realy thanks oscaresteban5 and yeah I want to give a another atmoshpere to the scene.
    Im going to work on the path with puddles is better I think. And rework after on the postprocess !
    Im going to post the breakdown of the house too.
    Thanks a lot for the idea and critiques ;)
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    I have worked a littlebit on uv's of the house, decals and some lighting

Now Im going to work on the vehicule and statue, and after work on the terrain and a little bit on the house.
    Thanks !

• Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    I'm continuing on the wip, by adding one by one some props, Im going to work on the cars for the next !

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    The scales of elements seem off to me. The grass is huge, as well as those small rocks on the ground look like the size of bricks. 
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    The scales of elements seem off to me. The grass is huge, as well as those small rocks on the ground look like the size of bricks. 
    Thanks Nuclear Angel, Its true I have reduced le lenght of grass and I think its better (I prefer it personaly) thanks !

• Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Last update of the night ! i'm testing some ligting, thanks !

• Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Hey ! I'm going stop hereRealy thanks all for the advices !
  • defragger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    defragger sublime tool
    the previous image was better in terms of lighting. The latest one has to much contrast for a foggy scene.
    You could spend some more time on the tree. Some of the branches are very thin and polycount seems to be low.

I really like the progress so far. Keep it up!
  • Slassh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slassh polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you defragger for your opinion, all your opinions really helped me to step up. 
    For the lighting I wanted to make it smoother, that's probably why you prefer the before last one.

Thanks again it's motivating !