Home Career & Education

Is it late to join the 3d world

kod
kod
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
kod
greetings, 

I don't think its new question for some of you, i'm 38 years old trying to learn  3d modeling, and i take some courses in maya, but i feel im too old and late for this industry bcs still need at least 2 - 4 years of learning maya zbrush and 2 3 more software's to reach the Entry level job and i will be like 41 - 42 years old.

The other problem is im in a country do not support this industry or even teach it in any kind of school...

Do i keep learning and which i will get lucky in the future or it will be waist of time, and its better to look for another options? 

I hope guys u can help me with some info or answers, and sorry for my english.

Replies

• Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    Its never too late but you will have to be smart about your next steps, what part of 3D do you like the most? You need to pick a specialization like environment or vehicle art and become very good at it which can take a while but if you post your work on polycount and join a couple of communities online you will be able to receive feedback for other artists and this will speed up your learning process.

If your country doesn't have any game of 3D studio at all it means you will have to become very good in order to get contract work or a job at a studio abroad, I'm not gonna lie its not going to be easy and you will have to put some work into this but its totally doable.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    ^ Yeah, +1 

Also keep in mind there are other fields aside from games or film visual effects where 3D skillsets can and are applied. For example medical, marine, aeronautical or military simulation, as well as product or architectural visualisation plus a host of others. 
  • kod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kod
    Thanks guys, i will keep all this in mind and keep study and learning, thanks again.