Home Technical Talk

[Blender 2.8x add-on] - BTBridge - Baking makes easier!

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Titus polycounter lvl 14
Hello, polycount community,
Let me present my latest blender addon - a bridge between Blender and Marmoset Toolbag 3.

BTBridge Addon allows:
  • Fast name your meshes
  • Create baker in the Blender's outliner (so you do not need to rebuild baker in TB3)
  • Export as multiple files(allows to refresh only one object or mesh without reloading all meshes)
  • You can choose how to load using QuickLoader manually(export everything with one FBX) or Automatically with addon as one or multiple FBX file(s)
  • Run TB3 from blender and the rest is just press bake in TB3 (maybe tweak some cages :p )
  • Import baked textures in Blender with one click
Small video showcase: 
https://youtu.be/sSfoNy6bNdA

Buy and download:
https://gumroad.com/l/BTBridge
Many thanks! 
PS: and put likes, please

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    This is very interesting.
    One note though : isn't it made barely usable by how slow the Blender OBJ and FBX exporters are ? Of course that's not a problem with your tool at all, but that can be a deal breaker for sure. Now if only TB3 could read .blend files or some open source equivalent exchange format ...
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    pior said:
    This is very interesting.
    One note though : isn't it made barely usable by how slow the Blender OBJ and FBX exporters are ? Of course that's not a problem with your tool at all, but that can be a deal breaker for sure. Now if only TB3 could read .blend files or some open source equivalent exchange format ...
    Hi, Blender exporters are fine for high poly meshes if they are well decimated, but sometimes when they are heavy it could take some time, but for low and mid poly blender is fitted well. Yeah, blender dev team should take a look on the exporters, and do them faster. Today I checked export to USD format and it's super fast. So maybe the Marmoset team could add it to the toolbag. So we will see and thanks.