Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished][UE4] Seventh Heaven

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Balgoria polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone!
I'm currently working on a Seventh Heaven fanart and I would really appreciate some feedbacks.
For what I can see myself, I still have some texture fix to do, like the ceilling's one not tiling properly and other part that are not really obvious in those screenshots. (kitchen side for exemple)
I also ran out of ideas for dressing the walls of the entrance sides.
I'm rendering with UE4.
Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Original:

Replies

• Polyboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polyboi node
    Dig some bar/pub photos on google and use them as references.
    Darts, boards, lists, posters, photos, dirt
  • Balgoria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Polyboi for the obvious but needed advise. I truly didn't think about looking on google image...
    I'm not at 100% convinced by the position of posters and general wall decorations, I think i'll let it as is for now, move to the last "naked" wall and maybe reorganize everything later. I'll also add more variation to the cables and dirt decals, I don't think it's good enough for now.
    Also I justs realised that the "North Corel Beer" sign is not baked in those shots. I modified it right before updating here.
    Thanks again to anyone passing by and giving feedbacks!
    [Note: Render is only set to medium.]
  • Balgoria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dressed the last wall, made some props for the visible part outside and fixed some texturing like the stools color. The bright green from the original wasn't looking good so I went for a more dark shade.
    Render is still set to medium. The darker parts from the wall on the right of the first picture is mostly shadow artifact and not dirt decals.
    I'm thinking about pushing in the left wall from 2nd picture to fit more the original proportion. I think the gap between the bar and the kitchen is too wide.

• Balgoria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to stop working on my ff7 fanart. I want to move on and try to do an exterior environment. I'm satisfied of what I achieved with this one and learned a ton.
    Thanks a lot to @Polyboi feedback!
    You can see the final result on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8lYe8w