Home General Discussion

3DBuzz has shut down

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
Apparently Jason "Buzz" Busby who ran the site passed away, and so the remaining staff decided to close it down. As a parting gift to the community they've uploaded all their training material on the going-away page for free download: https://www.3dbuzz.com/

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Oh man that's a bummer. Nice of them, kind tribute.

Nothing lasts forever, especially tutorial sites and links, things move around so quickly. Just trying to keep our little wiki up to date is a big lift, I can sympathize with Jason & crew's effort.

This is a treasure trove. Some becomes stale over time, specific to an old software. But the tips covering art and coding methods stay true, and relevant. Just recently someone here was looking to learn about handpainted techniques.

Anyhow, we're still committed to keeping all the content and links we host to stay stable over time. We have terabytes of content you all have uploaded, and we're dedicated to keeping it up for you.

Peace out Jason!
  • jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    RIP Buzz, nice legacy to leave. Thanks for the heads up on this. There's quite a few courses on stuff I'm interested that I didn't even know 3D Buzz had training for (C#, Houdini, Python). I'll be downloading these as a nice library to guide me in 2020. (Although, perhaps predictably, the server is currently failing on most of my download attempts.)
  • McGreed
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Darn, I remember learning my first XSI tutorials from there.
    "downloads temporarily disabled" , I'm guessing that they are getting hammered by people who wanted to make sure to get all tutorials before they disappear forever.

• tadpole3159
    Offline / Send Message
    tadpole3159 polycounter lvl 12
    Zak and Buzz were fantastic together, Really miss those two. They made learning fun with the odd bit of banter and back and forth. You can find Zak on the unreal engine youtube channel, he's still doing his thing and doing it well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tdK8gVrLOI&list=PL00EE617D86D5B185
    have a blast from the past with this beauty
  • SebKaine
    Offline / Send Message
    SebKaine polycounter lvl 5
    sad to ear this ! rest in peace buzz ! 3D buzz has some really great technical tuts, the houdini rigging series, was the best things you can find on houdini rigging for a long time. the concept of having a dialog between 2 people was great, cause many tutorial are extremely soporific avec 30 mins, 3D buzz was one of the few that suceed to keep me awaken.

• snake85027
    Offline / Send Message
    snake85027 polycounter lvl 18
    I loved the way Busby created those tutorials. He would also represent himself as if he was a beginner and he would ask those questions a beginner would ask. Loved the back and forth with Zak. I was watching a Unreal tutorial on youtube and heard Zaks voice and I was like "hey i know that voice". Ill grab a few old UDK videos just to hear that duo. 
  • pming
    Offline / Send Message
    pming polycounter lvl 6
    Sadness.
    :(

Like others, Buzz was one of those guys and websites that I just kept going back to for years and years. I learned so much from him and his crew. He's definitely going to be missed.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Pour one out, that's how I learned 3DS Max