Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Tortle Kensei

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
UniteGoggles polycounter lvl 5
Hi there everybody. I know I'm starting this thread a bit late in the process for this character, but I wanted to start being more active in posting my models as I work on them.
Here are renders out of marmoset of the high poly.  I'm currently working on the low poly.
Reference Sheet

Replies

• UniteGoggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are a couple more close shots of the high poly

And here is a test bake I did early on, to get an idea of how the high poly will transfer to the low.

• UniteGoggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have been doing periodic baking tests as I build out the low poly, to make sure all of the materials form the high poly models transfer correctly to the low poly.  Here's some images of the latest test:
    Retopology is still a WiP.  I have some room in my poly budget (aiming for 50k, currently at 35kish), so I'll be smoothing out a few spots after I finish the poly flow on his right side.  And I'll likely do some deformation tests to assess the texture stretching, especially around the chain links on the arms.
  • UniteGoggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a bit out of date, but here's the UV's. I've actually since split the clothes/armor off into their own set.
  • UniteGoggles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting close to wrapping him up.  Going to get his weapon detailed out further and add a base, then get it all finalized.