Home Adobe Substance

[Noob needs help] Substance Painter; Human skin with water droplets ontop!

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Zoddo polycounter lvl 5
I am a beginner with Painter and have gotten the human skin free from Substance Share and I am happy enough with it.
I only would like to add water droplets ontop of it and want to do it through painter and not Unity.

However I've tried with fill layers, and masks to get what I want. But I can't seem to make the droplets look like water with opacity and roughness etc.

I want to upload an image, but it doesn't let me so here's a link.
https://puu.sh/EOEfJ/d121ecaccd.png

I want the spots to be very glossy, reflective and not look like human skin.

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    You haven't made your drops shiny as far as I can see from that image so that won't help. 
    A use a layer that only affects roughness and a separate one for just height. 
    You should really affect specular reflectance too but iirc the basic metal rough Shader doesn't support that. 

However
    It won't look right without making use of a second brdf - there's a coated Shader in Painter now that you might be able to do something with (I haven't used it yet so don't know what's supported)
    And you won't get refraction without custom Shader work afaik. 
  • Zoddo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoddo polycounter lvl 5
    poopipe said:
    You haven't made your drops shiny as far as I can see from that image so that won't help. 
    A use a layer that only affects roughness and a separate one for just height. 
    You should really affect specular reflectance too but iirc the basic metal rough Shader doesn't support that. 

However
    It won't look right without making use of a second brdf - there's a coated Shader in Painter now that you might be able to do something with (I haven't used it yet so don't know what's supported)
    And you won't get refraction without custom Shader work afaik. 

thank you, I have already tried to get the water drops some seperate roughness but changing the value didn't do anything.
    I will see what I can do more with your tips, thanks!