Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modern battle priest.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JustinK polycounter lvl 9
Working on something new.
My take on a modern-day battle priest character, eg: Jerome Jeffries, Gabriel Stokes.
Crits always welcome, here's my latest sculpt, still a work in progress.
Need to work on breaking up the symmetry and maybe add damage in the sculpt.

Replies

• JustinK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    progress on the head sculpt.

• JustinK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Big jump to the final!

View more images at: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/XB8RYw

Thanks to anyone who checked it out.

• PeterMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool idea.  I think he'd look tougher with a cassock, and maybe a few years older.  Unless he just got out of the seminary.  I don't say that to minimize the awesome work you've done.  The work looks really clean and good to me overall.  
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Yeah nice stuff. I'd have to agree with PeterMurphy above that the character is neat but the narrative under whelming. The title suggests something epic, while the character looks like a 16 yo with a cross and a rifle. The glasses are nice but contribute to an image of frailty as does the supporting anatomy. The clothing wrinkles are positioned nicely, but the material appears overall too thick with no sharper folds and not much stretch indication. The renders are way too dark and cancel out the trousers and boots. Its not easy to see the sculpt and texture details you prolly spent a lot of time on. This may be the character you were aiming for, but if its free folio stuff you might want to amp it up a little.

Nice work!
  • hendrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hendrix polycounter lvl 11
    Absolutely awesome looking work. He has a lot of character on his face, and I like the concept, its something very edgy and in a way disturbing, kind of like a pregnant nun lol. 
  • jose.fuentes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    great work so far! IMO you would benefit from giving the textures a bit of wear and tear to make things look like they've been lived in a little