Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medieval Props Collection

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
tmartyn807 polycounter lvl 8
This is my collection of medieval props which I am proud to say are now published on the UE4 Marketplace.

All the props in the scene share the same 4k texture atlas set and can be modified individually with colour tints for their main and supplementary parts along with normal and roughness intensity parameters.

Marketplace link: www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/slug/medieval-props-collection

Replies

• tmartyn807
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Working on some more medieval assets atm. I created the marketstalls by modeling the frames and taking them into Marvelous to create some simulations and then took them in Zbrush after to sculpt and further define the creases. Afterwards I textured them using a cotton alpha texture which I then added surface imperfections on top of. 
  • tmartyn807
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Been working on working on the cloth materials for the marketstalls along with this table cloth asset.

I'm in the process of creating some hay assets next including hay bales, piles and a thatched roof stable. I've been debating what method would be best for creating hay and I'm going to create 2 tests to see - 
    Test 1 using xgen hair in Maya which I convert to geometry and bake onto alpha cards. 
    Test 2 using a hay base colour map which I create a mask from in Photoshop and use to create a layered hay strands effect.

Atm I think Test 1 will work best as I will have more freedom with the flow and direction of the hay and how it is placed.