Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hand Painted Prop - Kul Tiran Well - Looking for critiques!

Hey guys! Long time browser. First time poster! Looking for critiques and advice on my progress on this so far. It is my first real hand painted prop that involves lots of parts.
Texturing in 3DCoat and PS. Modelled in Maya.

These are jsut screens from 3d Coat atm. Will setup and light in marmoset. Some in the renderer and another flat shade.

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Hey this is looking great so far. I like the brushwork.

I'd like to see a bit more painted-in lighting. You have a really dark shadow inside the well and in the bucket, but everything else is a bit flat in comparison. The wheel and the stone base in particular. If the lighting is dusk, then get some more soft shadowing, and get some light cast from the lamps on to the pillars.

It would also be nice to extrude some of the stones on the floor, looking really flat there.

What does your wireframe look like? How many/ how large are the flats?
  • patklis
    Hey this is looking great so far. I like the brushwork.

I'd like to see a bit more painted-in lighting. You have a really dark shadow inside the well and in the bucket, but everything else is a bit flat in comparison. The wheel and the stone base in particular. If the lighting is dusk, then get some more soft shadowing, and get some light cast from the lamps on to the pillars.

It would also be nice to extrude some of the stones on the floor, looking really flat there.

What does your wireframe look like? How many/ how large are the flats?
    Thanks for the reply!!
    So the ground is one flat plane. I sculpted in zbrush and baked it down to the flat. Im going for the Diffuse only wow look. So i avoided adding extra geometry. I added extra lighting mainly just shading like you recommended. The Crab so far is just roughed in so i stil have a bit to finish him.

• patklis
    Here is the updated render. This time from Marmoset Toolbag.  lbaf