Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Panzer IV

spuddie
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
spuddie polycounter lvl 2
Modelled in Blender 2.8 and textured in Substance Painter. 
Rendered in Sketchfab!

Replies

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    Looks good man! :smile:
    I dont know which reference you were using but the paintchips look a bit weird to me. I think you could add the external equipment that the tanks had such as shovels, barrel cleaning rods, liftjack, headlights etc. Would add a bit to the "base" look of the tank.

this weld seam isnt accurate, the weld should be on top and behind the front plate. Other than that the model is really good.
  • Zi0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zi0 polycounter
    What CybranM said. I see that you have procedual dirt around rivets etc but the wheels and tracks look super clean, maybe add a bit more dirt in places that make sens.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range

What the others said and very nice modelling too.

Side Note: was hoping to finish my Tiger 2 by the end of the decade : / although seeing your model helps keeping the faith continuing to work on it :)

• ZombieWells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
    Cool to see some awesome modeling! Still I would do a lot more research and reference before taking on these tanks. Like which  Panzer IV  are we talking about? Cause there is a lot of variants. I mean really look at those treads and shapes. Here is a cool site. http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/jan_peters/panzer_iv_ausf.g/  Pick a variant a go for it. I know it's late in the process, so maybe just for future or whatever. 
  • Temppe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Temppe polycounter lvl 12
    Yo, I agree with what was said above, especially about cluttering up the upper surfaces with bits'n'bobs.

It seems to me, looking at the wireframe shot from behind, that there are a lot of triangles that don't contribute to the form. Maybe you could tidy these areas up. While we're on the subject of triangles, what's the total count? And how did you decide the polygon budget for this?

Overall it's a cool model.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Would love to see some damage on the tank!