Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Games portfolio review

triangle
Offline / Send Message
AdrianZaplata triangle
Hey guys!

I would love to receive a quick portfolio review for a junior 3D position at games industry, mostly as prop artist. I'm not sure if my skill is enough to bother with sending out applications. How I can improve it? Should I delete something from there (maybe orc model as I am not applying for any character positions atm)? I was thinking about deleting single props (phone booth, taxi and bookcase) and making a whole scene from them and delete the "Decart Chapter II" position. 

https://www.artstation.com/adrianzaplata

I'm still working on some new portfolio pieces - right now on polycount environment challenge ;)

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend! 
Adi

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey Adrian,

I don't think you should re use your current props in an environment; you should probably be pressing forward and creating new stuff, as your stuff right now doesn't seem up to scratch. I'm having trouble figuring out if you're aiming for mobile, as all your stuff is really low poly. Your balista is pretty cool but I think you could benefit off studying some WoW sculpting and texturing.

Are you working off concept art?
  • jose.fuentes
    Offline / Send Message
    jose.fuentes interpolator
    I think most of your pieces seem to be about 80% there, really work on the presentation, lighting and give the textures a bit more love.  You're on your way, just keep working on it.  Best of Luck 
  • AdrianZaplata
    Offline / Send Message
    AdrianZaplata triangle
    Hey Adrian,

I don't think you should re use your current props in an environment; you should probably be pressing forward and creating new stuff, as your stuff right now doesn't seem up to scratch. I'm having trouble figuring out if you're aiming for mobile, as all your stuff is really low poly. Your balista is pretty cool but I think you could benefit off studying some WoW sculpting and texturing.

Are you working off concept art?
    @Ashervisalis Thank you for your response! All my pieces were made without concept art, I was only supporting myself with some references.

@jose.fuentes Thanks mate. I'll think about the presentation for sure!