Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ghost-d art dump

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ghost-d polycounter lvl 17
Hi everyone, long time no posts (years, actually..)
Some models I´ve worked on recently in my spare time, getting my hands on texturing. Texturing was never my favourite part although I always admired nicely textured models.
Hellboy head:

Hellboy head texturing progress gif:

Predator:

I´ll try to post more as I go, hope you guys like it.

Replies

• ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    Decided to take Hellboy a bit further to practice on texturing clothes a bitl. Minor update for now, but there should be more on the Predator and some other characters soon.
  • ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    started texturing the Predator body

• ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    minor Hellboy and Predator texturing progress here:

Textured mostly in Blender (amazing texturing tools, unfortunately have some issues with some of them)
  • ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    Still symmetric, will work on the scars later. The likeness isn´t quite there yet, but it was fun as a practice.

progress gif, if anyone was interested.

• ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    Elias, still early wip...

• ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    ... and an update after a few tweaks

• Nuclear Angel
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I love this handpainted look you are going for here. The predatr is insane right now. When it comes to your latest faces I feel they are lacking in Hue variation, but other than that stellar progress. 
    If I may ask, which software are you texturing in? 
  • ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    I love this handpainted look you are going for here. The predatr is insane right now. When it comes to your latest faces I feel they are lacking in Hue variation, but other than that stellar progress. 
    If I may ask, which software are you texturing in? 
    Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Gotta agree that the skin lacks hue variation, I still don´t consider these finished, I plan to work more one these and it´s easier for me to build up the forms when there´s less color variations to pick from. Then, when everything is in place, using multiply and overlay mode I´ll add some colors to bring it more to life.
    I used Blender for texturing all of these, although Barnes and Elias were started with "traditional texturing" method in Photoshop about 2 years ago - wasn´t quite satisfied with the results, especially Elias didn´t turn that great (will probably create a progress gif on Elias as well) so I eventually stopped working on these models. When I felt that my texturing technique got a little better I decided to revisit these and practically over a night, in Blender, I turned it into something I thought that might be worthy of sharing (or at least wouldn´t make everyone want to poke their eyes out :D ).
  • locky10
    Offline / Send Message
    locky10 polycounter lvl 13
    Love these characters, it will be great to see your full process for texturing, kind of tutorial.
  • ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    locky10 said:
    Love these characters, it will be great to see your full process for texturing, kind of tutorial.
    Thank you, I was thinking about recording my texturing progress later when I get a little better.
    More Platoon characters coming soon, only progress gif on Elias for now (the crappy start is progress from 2 years ago).

• ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    ...and Big Harold from Platoon. Have to fix the shape a bit and tweak the texture as well - the likeness isn´t quite there yet, but I like it so far.

• ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    I´m a big Outlaws (Lucasarts, 1997) fan, here´s something I did a few months ago, trying to match the original concept:

wires, kept it nice and simple:

not sure if I´ll take these two any further
  • pior
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    This is so refreshing !! Loving the oldschool look on all these.
  • ghost-d
    Offline / Send Message
    pior said:
    This is so refreshing !! Loving the oldschool look on all these.
    Thank you very much for your kind comment, I´m a big fan of your work. Your "Bustelutte" model is one of my all-time favorites and it´s always in my inspiration/motivation folder.

A little more texturing practice here, nothing fancy. I tried texturing in grayscale first as I find it more difficult for me to work with the right colors from the very beginning:

and a very quick texturing practice on what´s supposed to be a bit of a stylized face: