Home General Discussion

You have to go outside sometimes

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
just sharing this article here. maybe helps somebody. TL:DR go outside (like mother nature outside), don't sit in front of screen all the time.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
  • PolyHertz
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    An article like this would be more effective at the start of Spring instead of near the start of Winter.
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Well, if you're a gamer residing in the Antipodes/Oceania or other southern hemisphere regions, salient advice regardless of the season, though climate change notwithstanding : P 
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys I just moved to Virginia after almost a decade in alaska. I was really looking forward to a winter with sun and temperature above zero. Today I am flying back to Alaska to work outdoors all winter. Unless you at one of the poles I got no sympathies! :)

Seriously though, I remember a winter vacation we took to california and somebody had a sign on their door that said "think spring". It was like 65 and sunny. SMH.
  • Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    What on Earth are you doing outside in the winter in Alaska bruh
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Not exactly derailment, but yes outside for Vitamin D3 is an absolute must.

Just going to add in a bit of probably very important info and my own experiences with being stationary, since that is a part of the "over gaming", I've been on this journey for about 4 years (self experimenting) to make this short, its foods that cause a majority of issues. I did all the diets around already and landed on one that helps ME.

We are all different but i thought i'd share this one nutritional experience. Bread for ME causes arthritis symptoms, pelvic pain(recent increase in pelvic cancers) sleepiness, vitamin b1,2,3, depletion (dry-ness everywhere) so a lot of issues can be fixed with diet.

Easy for some that can manage to pull themselves together without help, easy for those that understand food is for nutrition and not enjoyment (it can be enjoyable and be healthy) me idc though if it taste rough cause i wasn't raised on that but its great for me it has to be ingested the only issues with those select foods i intake is the taste discomfort otherwise it does nothing else to me, in this example its (liver, raw delicious, cooked bitter/rough)

I am not vegan i do not promote that, there really is no label for my diet, its just comes to down what my body needs to function at an optimal level. Hope it helps you all out somehow, i am 95%carno if anyone is wondering.
    Edit: Heart palpitations(bread) also Sorting out the nutritional info, i stumbled upon my new diet alleviating me from getting bit by mosquitoes also but like anything if you heal yourself from one thing they will find another to ruin your health more, i thought it was a joke, its not once you understand learning about nutritional will save you from EVER having to use pills in your life.  Understand there is a lot of money behind you getting sick and well, propaganda works, i even learned this climate issue is bullshit from an actual scientist, the world fluctuates it always has and they alter data.  The information is out there instead of gaming for 1 week or so put that into learning about the world around you.
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    you eat raw liver?
  • another caveman
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    More videos in there more information not just that one video.

The scientist, with information withheld.Obviously we don't live in the past and those that have, have dementia or worse.
    Statement stands.

@MikeF - i sear the outside incase of contaminates the inside remains bubblegum pink/red as it should, why? let's see, whats the analogy i can use here, eggs - are liquid then get turned into a solid, at the liquid stage they hold all their nutrients, when they are fried,boiled, or scrambled they change their natural state into a solid from a liquid.  When you burn toast it looks "dead" doesn't it, its rough hard to swallow and eat, but when its "white", its soft and perfectly edible.  (not that you should eat it at all as my previous statements stand, and its more so the OILS (unnatural highly processed) people are using that cause the heart issue.)
    I use tallow, give it a try mike, if you haven't, it also acts as one hell of a exercise boost (for me anyway) probably because i was lacking vitamin A for a long while, Vit=A and D3 work together you need both one depletes the other so to make this -360-(lol) 180 back on topic you need to go outside to get D3.
    edit2:
    Liver has a high Vitamin A content, you could eat 1 piece whole (depending on the side i don't get them big maybe 4 fingers width length at most) i take breaks and i have nugget size pieces in the morning only if i do it daily and not weekly.

• Eric Chadwick
    You deny human induced climate change?
  • garcellano
    Offline / Send Message
    garcellano greentooth
    But what if you don't know where to go? I still need to see some mother nature around here (in NY).
    I didn't know where to go after work yesterday, so I went to Chipotle, because I was hungry. I didn't know what to order though, so I was still trying to think about what to get, when the line was going by quick. When it was my turn, I just randomly ordered a bunch of stuff on the spot, and by the time I was done, I still wasn't sure what I got. So, I guess that had nothing to do with the original post, but I ordered a bowl of stuff with chips and a drink. 
    Either way, yeah, I still need to see some nature around here.
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Hi,
    @ Eric Chadwick - Not entirely, however the powers that be, or more over the industries that have the powers at be under their payroll make it so they target food instead of industry, such as gas oil electric.
    Big fish, so they go to the little ponds instead, food/animals/some are even saying we are the cause just because we are alive..
    Now that is dangerous thinking, i could link a woman straight saying in a meeting we are the problem in a hysteria saying we should also start eating babies... its getting pretty insane for some people i guess.

Even since i changed my diet I've been a calm blue ocean, all jokes aside i feel amazing especially losing 30 lbs, i never felt better.
    I am not an expert on any of this is just look at the people more over their backgrounds and their goals, the scientist gains nothing from telling the "truth", or addressing his concerns, the opposite side of that coin must be gaining something and what i can see on my own they really are pushing that vegan agenda down everyone's throat.  Not that i am for nor against it, it just know for me it does not work to keep me a calm function member of whatever this is.

:) i also gain nothing, i just know how i feel and wanted to share the feeling with others, i had some crazy internal issues, some dry patches i couldn't figure out or get rid of, some heart issues i was having that i couldn't figure out, coughs, running noses, hands cramping up, neck hurting and i found my solution and for me if i can help people refrain from pills and they can at least try the 1st stage which is nutrition then at least they tried that before downing pills to alleviate those pains.
    You can think of this as those that helped me reach my art goals were and or are still here and i am just repaying that with this information.

Sry to derail this op, hope its cool with you.
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    i like to go out side look at bird rock big plant often examine rivers streams go up large mountain spend years quiet isolation gain wisdom dispel illusions recognize ātman return society perhaps or not
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    Great profundity has been profused.
  • Alex_J
    Offline / Send Message
    When I post this I anticipate no or low response. When I check back guy is telling us to eat raw liver. Lol

Actually I have eaten a few raw organs from moose. I felt the power, but it was way too much for me to handle. In other words, fucking foul.
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    ...yeah, offal is awful however in some countries it's a delicacy but jeez! I really must draw the line at 'Tripe' aka: bovine intestines...a cullinary vestige of the British Empire, foisted upon us wild colonial's from downunder. 
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Tripe is awesome in pho. Love that honeycomb stomach crunch. Throw in some tendon for good measure and you got yourself a good soup 
  • Eric Chadwick

Now as a special treat courtesy of our friends at the Meat Council, please help yourselves to this tripe
  • jStins
    Offline / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Just be sure to wear your tinfoil hat when going outside to block radio waves from the vegan industrial complex. 
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    jStins said:
    Just be sure to wear your tinfoil hat when going outside to block radio waves from the vegan industrial complex. 
    nice, tin foil is toxic - to put anywhere near food or your body.
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    since u can read it ops i can remove it. delete this double post.  You guys still got it, congrats.
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    DavidCruz said:
    since u can read it ops i can remove it. delete this double post.  You guys still got it, congrats.
    Let's relax. There's no need to delete things. We all live in a slipstream of causality, where things come into being, and then are no more. Rest assured all uncomfortable memories are nothing but passing illusion. Who will remember it? Let it be remembered, if someone out there does care to remember it. Why clamp down? It's time to go outside. 
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    fresh air is for wimps :0
  • McGreed
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Ruz said:
    fresh air is for wimps :0
    Fresh air is just as fresh when going through the window of my man cave... well, at some point.
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    well my other reply was going to be 'if i need fresh air I will open a window' :)
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Yup outside is great, fun in the sun & i run, the food journey wasn't the only one I enjoyed, hope you all find yourselves well also.  I hear some cold days are heading to all, hope you are ready, i am.  You made me laugh Ruz thanks, fresh air comment.
  • sprunghunt
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    Going outside is more than just for your mental health. 

If you're an environment artist there's absolutely nothing better than experiencing the environment to help inform your art. It's how you pick up on all the small details that enhance the realism of your environment. 

For an animator actually looking at how people move, and pose, in real life is way more useful than just looking at videos. 

For a character artist seeing how people dress and the variety of body shapes will also help inform your art. 

The point is that if you are only looking at second-hand images of things you're already getting an interpretation of reality. This is already limiting you creatively to what you can get from the interpretation. 
  • Joopson
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    DavidCruz said:
    i could link a woman straight saying in a meeting we are the problem in a hysteria saying we should also start eating babies... its getting pretty insane for some people i guess.
    I'm guessing you're not familiar with Jonathan Swift's famous satirical essay "a modest proposal" where he suggests the Irish should start selling their babies to rich people as food?

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/1080/1080-h/1080-h.htm

It's a classic of satire, and is often referenced in that vein. I 10000% guarantee that video you're talking about is making a conscious reference to this satirical essay, and not just a "hysterical" woman being extreme.

In fact, it's even mentioned at the end of the wikipedia page for this very essay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal
  • DavidCruz
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    Joopson said:

Thank you for the information.
    -I think they still kicked her out of that meeting (probably never read the essay either) & i see the video is unavailable-
    Read it, i wouldn't have know, if I've never knew of its existence.  (The more you know彡✫)

• poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I've said worse in meetings