Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback needed on head topology

node
Hey, guys
I've been trying to do a full-body retopology for practice. I'm still in the head, I don't really know how this would work for a game mesh, so I tried to at least implement the main loops around eyes/mouth/nose while maintaining the top/back part as low as possible (since it won't be seen that much). Any feedback on how I can make it better is appreciated, thanks!

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is great so far.

Skull is really low poly compared to the rest of the face.

I'd lose the tight ring around the lip, unless this is a subdivision basemesh.

Eye anatomy needs work. Where's the eyelid?

What's your reference? If you're studying human topology, then real-world anatomy is essential.
  • Lucasthyel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucasthyel node
    This is great so far.

Skull is really low poly compared to the rest of the face.

I'd lose the tight ring around the lip, unless this is a subdivision basemesh.

Eye anatomy needs work. Where's the eyelid?

What's your reference? If you're studying human topology, then real-world anatomy is essential.
    Thank you, Eric!
    I'll try to make the changes you mentioned today.
    I'm making a retopology of this head I sculpted below, it's quite simple and it's true, it's missing the eyelid. So I guess this would be a problem if this topology received some animations? Or more loops around it will do? I've never made a facial rig myself, this is only a study (I'm not working in a production environment yet) but I don't want to give the animators/riggers a hard time in the future. lol