Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

C-A-T tourniquet - Looking for critique

lluc21
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
lluc21 polycounter lvl 5
Hi, I'm trying to add some material to my portfolio and decided to make some renders of this project I made a while ago.
I was wondering if it would be portfolio worthy pushing it further or if I should not bother at all as this is such a small prop.

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    While as the piece is fine as a material experiment, it's not really good enough to be used as a portfolio piece. Considering how few elements its made up of, you should have tried making the belt out of individual poly threads (including the stitching + any stray fibers) instead of a simple strip of polys with a texture.
  • lluc21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lluc21 polycounter lvl 5
    PolyHertz said:
    While as the piece is fine as a material experiment, it's not really good enough to be used as a portfolio piece. Considering how few elements its made up of, you should have tried making the belt out of individual poly threads (including the stitching + any stray fibers) instead of a simple strip of polys with a texture.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. What do you mean when you say individual poly threads? like modeling the stitching in the low poly?
    If it is worth it I'd like to push this prop further for it to be portfolio ready. Maybe putting it on a bigger scene (any ideas?) or giving it some personality?