Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Goldfinger Fort Knox Vault UE4 [WIP]

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
9Solid polycounter lvl 8
Hey everybody!

I'm working towards finishing this project I started last year in Clinton Crumpler's CGMA modularity course. I wanted to create the vault from the climax of the James Bond movie Goldfinger. This kind of environment offered the opportunity to create modular pieces that would work horizontally and vertically with multiple floors. 

I wasn't happy with how the final project turned out, though I learned a hell of a lot from the course. I decided to rework the project from the ground up and am really enjoying it so far.

I've finished the structural basis of the scene with basic lighting in place. I'm moving on to creating/reworking the gold bullion models, a scale, signage/decals and other assorted models to set dress the space. I'm going to be starting another CGMA course on October 7th on vegetation and plants for games, so I hope to get everything wrapped up by the start of the course, though it's going to be close. 

Any feedback, advice and general thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I'm going to continue to post updates and plug away and get this thing finished.

Replies

• 9Solid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9Solid polycounter lvl 8
    Quick update, I made some variations of bullion models, two large stacks, 3 small piles and a separate lone pallet model. I've scattered them around the seen quickly. I'm moving on to focus on some more set dressing and decal creation for signage.