Home Technical Talk

Maya 2019 Quad Draw Tool does not extrude properly

Hello, this is my first time using Quad Draw Tool in Maya 2019 and I have a few issues. One of them is that I cannot extrude properly on some surfaces. As you can see in the marked area, I can't extrude untill the middle of the edge or something like that. Also, I can't even extrude the last edge. Same goes for drawing points. Also, I checked if soft selection was turned off. I tried using Maya 2018 and I got the same issues. Any ideas?

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Usually this happens because the viewport can't "see" the edge or verts, usually from being embedded too far in the highpoly. I'm not sure if hiding the highpoly layer works, I never think to try it.

In this case, I'd just pop out of the tool, bridge the two border edges and go back into QD.
  • Ace3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Usually this happens because the viewport can't "see" the edge or verts, usually from being embedded too far in the highpoly. I'm not sure if hiding the highpoly layer works, I never think to try it.

In this case, I'd just pop out of the tool, bridge the two border edges and go back into QD.
    Seems like that was the only option. Thanks a lot!