Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Judge

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
displacedinvader polycounter lvl 3
Hello guys! I want to share my latest creature design here. Sculpted in Zbrush and composed in Photoshop.

Replies

• papalati
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    papalati polycounter lvl 2
    I'm a super fan of original creature designs and this one hits the mark for me.  :)

The only feedback I have is that I would go with pushing the gold a bit more if you're going to use the purple-ish color in the fabric. Although that could come across as more of a royalty vibe, so maybe a crimson red/ blood red would work to denote the authoritativeness of the character. You could also play with earth tones and add some color to the jewelry to also play into the position in the government for the creature. Just a few examples added to illustrate my feedback.

Keep up the great work! :D

• displacedinvader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, @papalati !

Thanks for the reply! Great ideas!

I did not want to jewelry looks pure gold, just slightly goldish, but mostly made from some strange alien metal. I also did not want it to look brand new so it's dirty a little. I was started from bloody red for the cloth but then downgrade saturation and volumes and tweak color for a more cold tone. This was made to keep the most attention to the main selling point which is the face. And I wished she overall looks not royal but threadbare a little bit, cause she made a lot of judicial decisions and they all left an imprint on her. 

Add color to the jewelry center is a really cool idea! But again I did not want it to steal attention from the face.

Cheers.

• toman.kirilov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toman.kirilov polycounter lvl 11
    Beautiful work!
  • displacedinvader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beautiful work!
    Thank you!