Home Marmoset

Toolbag 3.04 Available Now! Baker additions, Viewer animation, improved shadows and much more!

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
MrsNomingtons polycounter lvl 11

We’re thrilled to announce the release of Marmoset Toolbag 3.04, a free update for all Toolbag 3 users. 3.04 brings a number of exciting new features and enhancements to both Toolbag and Viewer. New baker outputs and workflow improvements, animation support for Viewer, and improved shadows headline the release.

Click the button below to download the 3.04 installer from the Toolbag product page. Existing users may update by launching Toolbag 3 and clicking on the auto-update prompt. Wi’ve reset all trials, so download the installer and give Toolbag a go with a fresh 30-day trial period. See the full change log on the Toolbag History section.

Baker Updates 

We’ve added a bunch of new map types to meet our user’s varied needs. Now you can bake thickness, bent normals, lighting and much more! The interface has been updated with a focus on functionality with texture set support, a map configurator and other handy features that will streamline your workflow. 

Viewer Animations & Standalone App 

Viewer has been revamped with animation support, volumetric fog, refraction and more! We've released a free, standalone desktop Viewer app to make it easier to view files locally and send to clients or teammates for review. The Viewer application is included with the Toolbag 3.04 installer. It can be downloaded independently as well and works on Mac and Windows.

New & Improved Shadows

Directional lights now have the option to use cascaded shadow maps, which prioritize shadow detail for areas near to the camera. If you’re looking for less pixelation with omnis and spots, a new ludicrous shadow resolution option can be found in the render settings.

Volumetric Fog

Add atmosphere to your scene with our updated fog effect. Direct lights now cast shadows through fog, creating a volumetric effect that adds depth and realism to your renders.

Toolbag Hotkey Guide! 

We've published a complete list of hotkeys for Toolbag 3. Check it out! 

Replies

• gopal
    Offline / Send Message
    gopal null
    Hey, thanks for update.

I have an issue with diffuse light map bakes, here the link the thread:http://polycount.com/discussion/201175/marmoset-3-04-light-baking-issue-need-help#latest

Need some help.

Thanks.
  • walter
    Offline / Send Message
    walter polycounter lvl 14
    Need Support for VR Headset !
    Thanks.
  • FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter
    I've been really anxious about this for a while... but is Marmoset Toolbag 3.07(?) getting real-time raytracing features soon-ish? Similar to what UE 4.22 is having now.
  • EarthQuake
    I've been really anxious about this for a while... but is Marmoset Toolbag 3.07(?) getting real-time raytracing features soon-ish? Similar to what UE 4.22 is having now.
    We're planning on releasing 3.07 soon, it will included some Python updates and minor bug fixes.

We don't have specific plans for ray tracing currently, but it's something we're excited about, so it is possible that it could be added in a future update.
  • FourtyNights
    Offline / Send Message
    FourtyNights polycounter

We're planning on releasing 3.07 soon, it will included some Python updates and minor bug fixes.

We don't have specific plans for ray tracing currently, but it's something we're excited about, so it is possible that it could be added in a future update.
    Thanks for the heads up, Joe. Definitely looking forward to the future of Marmoset. In the meanwhile, I still appreciate its current but wonderful rendering capabilities nonetheless. ;)
  • joebount
    Offline / Send Message
    joebount polycounter lvl 12
    Hey guys. Any update on RT? I've been working with Painter a lot recently to bake and the speed is amazing but you lack the fast cage control :(
  • EarthQuake
    joebount said:
    Hey guys. Any update on RT? I've been working with Painter a lot recently to bake and the speed is amazing but you lack the fast cage control :(
    We don't have any news about RTX specific optimizations, but Toolbag uses GPU baking, so baking should already be fast on RTX cards.
  • joebount
    Offline / Send Message
    joebount polycounter lvl 12
    joebount said:
    We don't have any news about RTX specific optimizations, but Toolbag uses GPU baking, so baking should already be fast on RTX cards.
    It's not slow by any means, but in comparaison to Painter with RTX it's a different ball game. Out of curiosity, have you tried it?
    Anyway, love Marmoset, looking forward to future updates
  • stevston89
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Don't know if this has already been requested, but it would be cool to save out lighting setups on skys and be able to load them. 
  • vic1500
    Offline / Send Message
    vic1500 polycounter lvl 2
    Hi! I encountered an issue in Marmoset 3.08.

I had a scene from ver 3.02 that I reopened in the new version, and when  I re-used the baker on my project, it caused this weird issue.
    I think it broke all the smoothing groups I had in my 3DS MAX file, and it was causing that weird shading in the normal map preview.

I had to redo all my smoothing groups, export the model again and delete marmoset's previous materials to fix it.

I would like for the team to address this issue and see if there is a way to prevent the newest version of Marmo from doing this when upgrading.
  • Arthaven
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthaven polycounter lvl 8
    Hello @vic1500, Do you have a scene and or fbx file that you can send me so we can evaluate what changes might need made to accommodate this? We have made some big changes to the Baker starting with 304. I can't see how Toolbag would alter 3DSM's content, auto reload or re-exporting from 3DSM should have resolved it. Thanks for the info though and let me know, you can send the files to: support@marmoset.co Thanks!
  • vic1500
    Offline / Send Message
    vic1500 polycounter lvl 2
    Hello. Unfortunately, I do not have the files before the issue happened, since I saved everything after I resolved it. Would you still find it helpful if I send you both the revised FBX and Marmoset scene?