Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help me !

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
A thread where i need help from the pros , im a noob at this 

Replies

• whymaple
    Im a Noob at this , Pls help how can i remove seams / UV borders from the Normal map that i baked from marmoset Toolbag, Ive tried increasing the softness when baking the normals but the problem still persist... Is there a way to get a clean baked without the UV borders ? ( ps: the normals looks fine when baked and shown in marmoset Toolbag, but when imported into other programmes such as substance painter and Maya , the seams appear .)
    Help would be very much appreciated , Thanks !
  • Shrike
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    are your UV splits where your smoothing splits are?
  • JamesBrisnehan
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    Are you using Open GL normal maps or Direct X normal maps? It kind of looks like your normals are reversed. (Different software uses different normal maps, and you sometimes have to invert the green channel before switching software. If you don't the normals look all kinds of weird.) But also on your low poly mesh, check to make sure that your vertex normals are all softened and unlocked. On certain objects you can have hardened edges, but only on edges that are split by UVs and have about 6 pixels of buffer room.

• whymaple
    Thanks for the advice , but is there a way where marmoset Toolbag can set exporting normals as either OpenGL or Direct X ?
  • JamesBrisnehan
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesBrisnehan polycounter
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure marmoset uses Open GL as does Maya. Substance painter uses Direct X by default, but you tell it to use Open GL when you start a new project, and export from painter in either format as well.
  • MrRobot
    Offline / Send Message
    MrRobot polycounter lvl 3
    whymaple said:
    Thanks for the advice , but is there a way where marmoset Toolbag can set exporting normals as either OpenGL or Direct X ?
    Y+ -- Open GL, Y- -- DirectX