Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Handpainted Candle from a art concept I found :) Practice

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
prettyplease polycounter lvl 4
Hi! It's my first post on Polycount :3 Critiques are very appreciated. Thank you!

Art concept by Anna Terskova

22/08/19
- First low poly of the model. I've tried two variation of the metal part. I like the right side but I think the left side looks more like the concept.

22/08/19
- I did some change in the low poly :)

22/08/19
- I exported the candle in Zbrush to do the dripping part. I'm working on that! The metal part is not exactly like the concept again II rework on it.

23/08/19
- I've worked on the dripping part of the candle. I'm done for today :3

Replies

• WillPowell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WillPowell polycounter lvl 2
    Looks great man, looking forward to seeing the texture work on the candle, especially the scattering on the wax.

Very strong shape, translated very well from the concept!
  • prettyplease
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great man, looking forward to seeing the texture work on the candle, especially the scattering on the wax.

Very strong shape, translated very well from the concept!
    Hi WillPowell, thank you for the nice comment :) I'm gonna try and do my best for the scattering area (it's new for me so well see how it goes). 
  • prettyplease
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

29/08/19

So this is what a did today. I feel like some things are still off. I need to polish it more before the retopology but it's coming together slowly. I think I didn't put enough polygons in Zbrush to really sculpt it the way I wanted to and I'm not sure if I should continue to take more time in Zbrush or if I should jump right in the retopology.