Home Technical Talk

Help importing xgen from one scene into another (Flippednormals Lighting scene)?

obloquy
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
obloquy polycounter lvl 5
Hey, does anyone know how to import your xgen from one scene to another? 

I wanted to use the Flippednormals lighting scene (has anyone used it??) to do a clay render of a character that has a lot of xgen descriptions.  Sadly when I export my character as an .mb including the xgen descriptions/scalps into the Flippednormals scene, everything apart from the hair renders.  The guides and all the attributes are present but I can't view the hair in the viewport using the 'preview' button either.  My xgen path is the default path that I haven't changed so not sure what I might be doing wrong  :confused:

Anyone know of any ideas?

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Do it the other way around. Reference the light scene into the xgen one. Thats the safest workaround.

If thats not possible reference the xgen one with namespaces into the light scene.
  • obloquy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    obloquy polycounter lvl 5
    Hey! I tried doing it the other way around, but for some reason when I import the lighting scene into my current xgen scene it renders fine with all the hair but all the Flippednormals lights blow the character out completely unlike if I import the character into the light scene... not sure what could be the problem. :/