Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Developing a species.

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Desmer polycounter lvl 4
So I'm on this long Journey of developing a world for a story, and my biggest idea for it that I've had is this species of sentient creatures inhabiting the world.They are Beetle-like humanoids. Current progress is of just the head, and going slowly downwards.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I'd explore more aggressively different slhouettes.  I get a young man flavor from this particular head series.
  • Desmer
    Offline / Send Message
    Desmer polycounter lvl 4
    ex
    exploring more aggressive silhouettes, plus getting started on a body. better or worse?
  • Desmer
    Offline / Send Message
    Desmer polycounter lvl 4
    I am back after a while. Have played with a ton of different variations of the head piece. Here are the results:
    I quite like number 6 myself, But I want to see what others say.
  • pistachio
    Offline / Send Message
    pistachio sublime tool
    I'm with #6, second #9.
    That said, it's early stages, but keep developing the concept some more. Talking backstory it's hard to know what this guy is. Paladin-like? Talking visuals it's still kind of blobby. Depends how realistic you want to go but you might want to try out some more reference.
    Pretty sure I saw a WIP paint job up there but it's rough. Gives maybe Saturday morning toon villain vibes. Keep sticking to sculpting. (amateur's design suggestions there if it helps.)
    Newer version is a definite improvement on all of this but it still has some of these issues.
    Two cents. Might want to see what an actual pro says.