Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - stylized anime foxgirl

Hi,
i am an art student and started 3d about a year ago. I an currently working on an oc that i made. I made her in Blender and i want to make her game-ready. I would love for any kind of feedback.

to do:
-  jacket: retopo, uvs, texturing, rigging
- hair: optimization, redo textures
- facerig

early sculpts:

current progress: 

Body topology:

Body texture: 

pantys:

stockings:

top:

quick random pose to test  the current rig:

Replies

• Blublman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update:
    -facerig is halfway done 
    -redid the skinning on some joints 
    -overall smaller improvements
  • Disco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, im learning modelling, and i want to know, for the fur on ears, you modeled it all manually or you utilized some plugin or technique for it?

And good job, she was very hot.
  • Blublman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Disco said:
    Hi, im learning modelling, and i want to know, for the fur on ears, you modeled it all manually or you utilized some plugin or technique for it?

Hi,
    i used Blender to model her and the way i did the hair and ears is basically the same,
    i used Bezier Curves as a Path and a second Bezier Circle the bevel object.
    here is a tutorial from YanSculpts that explains it probably way better than i can: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqWYgrXw7Jk
    I used that method to make the hair and the fur in the ears also on other models.

• Disco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blublman said:
    Disco said:

Hi,
    i used Blender to model her and the way i did the hair and ears is basically the same,
    i used Bezier Curves as a Path and a second Bezier Circle the bevel object.
    here is a tutorial from YanSculpts that explains it probably way better than i can: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqWYgrXw7Jk
    I used that method to make the hair and the fur in the ears also on other models.
    I'm using blender too <3
    Thanks for the help.
    You work is very good.
    You will use her in a game or animation?
    Edit:
    I read again the first post now.
    You want turn her game-ready.
    These bezier curves dont make the model so much "heavy" for a game engine? (making so much poligons)
    I need to study so much for understand the game-ready, some models are absurdly "light", very low poly, and some are very "heavy" and it doesn't seem to weigh much to render. Although most of the information about the amount of polygons for game models always says to use very little... Sometimes I think I'm just finding information that is very outdated.

Sorry for my english.