Home Career & Education

Inquiry from an enthusiast (wanting to learn 3D modeling).

Hi Polycount, I came here from Reddit as a recommendation, English is not my fist language so bear with me please.

I’m a 26 years old self thought designer (I studied software engineering in the university) I’m good with software in general, being able to instinctively get the grasp of them with the help of some videos, that is the way I pretty much have taught myself everything I’ve learned so far. My new obsession is 3d modeling, I found that I love to doing it (I’m a frustrated artist) I started by modeling bottles for the company I work for, saving them a lot money (a Veterinary Pharmaceutical manufacturer), making custom made designs and models, pretty basic stuff, basic shapes on fusion 360, but doing it I found myself loving it.

I’ll get a little bit personal if I don’t bore you. I’m frustrated with myself as I stated; I want to start working on my own projects do my own thing and thought that 3d modeling could be my escape of the system, I live in Nicaragua a pretty poor country, so opportunity is vast here, besides maybe I could freelance abroad.

To be honest, I feel lost, not even knowing where to start, I want to be able to design everything really, not limit myself, and see what 3d modeling has to offer (model characters, landscaping, buildings, etc.), then stick with what I'm good at.

So I am here, desperate and confused, been searching for online courses, stumbled upon a EDUCBA "Design Course - All in One Bundle" I'm also looking universities in Barcelona to take some master or something in 3d modeling, but for me university has been the biggest disappointment of my life... I need someone to point me in the right direction, to show me the way.

This grasshopper needs change in his life man, I'm not getting any younger...

HELP PLEASE!

Replies