Home Technical Talk

Toggle Wire-frame-On-shaded For Blender 2.8 ?

J0Y
node
Offline / Send Message
J0Y node

Toggle Wireframe with F4 for 2.79 (https://blenderartists.org/t/wire-all-edges-visibility-toggle-script/687050)

I am looking for a shortcut key or addon and/ script to help toggle Wireframe on shaded like the picture above but for Blender 2.8.

Replies

• Udjani
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Udjani interpolator
    You can add it to a shortcut, just right click on it.

• Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    @Udjani is there any way to hide the wireframe inside edit mesh mode? Like say, when in vert or face mode, be able to hide the edges being displayed, or when in edge mode, hide anything that isn't the selected edges.

edit: I guess playing with the display edges/faces/center overlays is as close as we can get to that atm.
  • Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    Justo said:
    @Udjani is there any way to hide the wireframe inside edit mesh mode? Like say, when in vert or face mode, be able to hide the edges being displayed, or when in edge mode, hide anything that isn't the selected edges.

edit: I guess playing with the display edges/faces/center overlays is as close as we can get to that atm.
    If you enable the pie menu on the Z key, you can hold it and flick up to disable overlays which is the same as hitting the icon in the viewport. It works in Edit mode.
  • J0Y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0Y node
    Udjani said:
    You can add it to a shortcut, just right click on it.

I never knew I could add short cut so easy like that! Thanks
  • TheGabmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    Toggle Wireframe with F4 for 2.79 (https://blenderartists.org/t/wire-all-edges-visibility-toggle-script/687050)
    This is nice. I was previously using the Amaranth addon for this. Didn't know there was another simpler addon that can do a single hotkey toggle.
  • Poly_Nut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poly_Nut triangle
    Anyone found a solution on how to hide the wireframe outline and maintain vertices visibility? I am currently disabling the overlay completely but this is annoying since i have to constantly enable&disable it to see the vertices i want to select.

When you work with subdivision or normals and smooth you have to disable wireframe to see the mesh without confusing wireframe specially on medium or dense mesh.

Maybe someone with proper knowledge of python could do a small addon that fix that behavior.