Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Forest hero

node
Hi! Game character. 9010 verts.... Appreciated for any criticism to render :)
Zbrush-Blender-Substance Painter-Photoshop

Replies

• kwagner
    Offline / Send Message
    kwagner polycounter lvl 5
    The thing that really stands out to me is how he's holding the bow. You pull back the string with three fingers, which are curled around the string, not the tips of the fingers. And if he were to aim that bow with his hands like that one of his hands is backwards/upside down.
  • AGhandwork
    kwagner said:
    The thing that really stands out to me is how he's holding the bow. You pull back the string with three fingers, which are curled around the string, not the tips of the fingers. And if he were to aim that bow with his hands like that one of his hands is backwards/upside down.

Actually it is only two fingers pull back the string ...it is just angle of view here. Any way I am appreciate you for your comment!

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I'd point out that the string being pulled is curved, while it should have tension. An archer also would not be pulling the arrow back unless he was in a ready stance and looking down the arrow. The way he's pulling it back right now, the string is just going to press into his side long before he can draw the arrow back far enough.

The clothing needs a lot of work, in both the sculpting and texturing stage, and the texturing & posing of the face need a lot of work. Can you show your sculpt?
  • AGhandwork
    I'd point out that the string being pulled is curved, while it should have tension. An archer also would not be pulling the arrow back unless he was in a ready stance and looking down the arrow. The way he's pulling it back right now, the string is just going to press into his side long before he can draw the arrow back far enough.

The clothing needs a lot of work, in both the sculpting and texturing stage, and the texturing & posing of the face need a lot of work. Can you show your sculpt?

Because of I have to reduce quality of mesh up to 10 000 verts it brings some limitation to quality of detail
  • AGhandwork
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    It'd rework all the clothes.  It overall reads lumpy and not real.  Almost as if real clothes were not referenced.
  • AGhandwork
    It'd rework all the clothes.  It overall reads lumpy and not real.  Almost as if real clothes were not referenced.
    thank you for comment!
  • Edrice
    Offline / Send Message
    Edrice polycounter lvl 7
    I'd also some ambient occlusion to your textures, to make things feel connected.