Home Technical Talk

[Blender 2.8] Is there a display grid option for UV editor?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
bitinn polycounter lvl 6
I am working on a multi-material object and I need to offset my uv for each material correctly, don't want to just eyeball it.

Replies

• bitinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    For now I am using a checker texture with repeat to help me in this...
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    Make a texture with an edge  for uv tiles borders  and check in "Repeat" and "Normalized". The later allows to select packed islands in first uv tile and then hit GX1 to shift them into 1002  or GY2 to shift two tiles up   etc.

ps. oh, it's about 2.8 . Sorry. No need for normalized , it seems always that way there.  "Repeat" is in same  "display" drop down panel on the top right of uv panel

• bitinn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bitinn polycounter lvl 6
    @gnoop Thx, I totally forgot about the G-X-number shortcut (not used to doing that). Do you happen to know if there is a way to snap to next uv space with mouse? (snapping option in UV editor is limited.)
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    use Shift+Tab combination to turn the snapping on and off. Seems the snapping is working in relation to an island last position.  So if you you first place an island to proper position within any uv quadrant and then switch SHift+Tab on    you would get a perfect snapping in relation to initial uv position in every next  UV space.    But I personally find GX N more reliable

ps, snapping should be set to "increment" and you still have to put an island to more or less same position in a next uv space