Home Featured Artwork

The Princess' Bed

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
Curlscurly quad damage
Hi Guys! First project of the year, starting off with interiors. Based on E.G. Poppybox' concept!

Replies

• Curlscurly
    Offline / Send Message
    Curlscurly quad damage
    Here some more breakdowns of this scene. Its all hand-painted and lit inside Marmoset. Had a great time working on the light! 

Some parts are sculpted inside Zbrush to create the diffuse base for the textures. Here the sculpt!

• Curlscurly
    Offline / Send Message
    Curlscurly quad damage
    And a little gif! 
  • hublus
    Offline / Send Message
    hublus polycounter lvl 4
    Great work. Nice use of colors  :)
  • pixelpatron
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelpatron polycounter
    Nice one! Where's the rest of it? Reminds me of Tangled.
  • wojtekfedunik
    Offline / Send Message
    wojtekfedunik triangle
    very nice work would be suitable for the game
    or some interesting animation
  • Aydhe
    Offline / Send Message
    Aydhe polycounter lvl 5
    that's a very nice colour scheme. Would love to see it in some cartoony castle :)
  • Michael Knubben
    Loving the colour composition! The rich shadows are especially nice.
    If there's one thing I'd change, it'd be the leaves, which I think wouldd be improved by some fake SSS.
    Right now, the way they go dark at the bottom make them look inorganic, as if no light passes through. If you'd let some of the light bleed through at the bottom, all saturated and green, that would really sell them as being 'alive'!

The lighting on top of the painted in shading does make it worse, so some self-illumination could do wonders there.
  • kaosat
    Just gorgeous ! Love the warmth and colors ! :smile:
    Only minor nitpick: the water in the 'pot' seems very slightly out of place as it looks less textured ?
  • Curlscurly
    Offline / Send Message
    Curlscurly quad damage
    Loving the colour composition! The rich shadows are especially nice.
    If there's one thing I'd change, it'd be the leaves, which I think wouldd be improved by some fake SSS.
    Right now, the way they go dark at the bottom make them look inorganic, as if no light passes through. If you'd let some of the light bleed through at the bottom, all saturated and green, that would really sell them as being 'alive'!

The lighting on top of the painted in shading does make it worse, so some self-illumination could do wonders there.
    Ohh Thanks a lot for the feedback, so true! :) Looking back at it now,  I agree that the shadow on the plant is too dark. I adjusted it a bit in the material settings and applied SSS to it and emission, which I guess fixed the issue.
    kaosat said:
    Just gorgeous ! Love the warmth and colors ! :smile:
    Only minor nitpick: the water in the 'pot' seems very slightly out of place as it looks less textured ?
    Hmm.. Since this is lit and I really liked the way the specular settings in marmoset worked to make the glass and water looked stylized and reactive to the environment lights, I preferred that approach compared to painting in details for that. Thanks for the input though, appreciate it!! :) 
  • kaosat
    Haha no worries it looks awesome regardless :smile:
     I also  just noticed the blue is actually only like that in the animated gif :)
  • Sim13