Home Unreal Engine

Glauco's skin shader for Unreal Engine question

polygon
Offline / Send Message
Bubucela polygon
Hi everybody, this is my first post so be gentle :P I'm a bit rookie here...
I was looking at Glauco's post https://www.glaucolonghi.com/#/minotaur/ and he was talking about what skin shader he made for his minotaur.
I'm wondering if anyone of you know any information about the shader...Is there any topic about it? Any website which can tell me/us about the inside of the nodes? You can see (at the end of Glauco's post) a pic of the anatomy of the shader but seems a bit difficult to setup from nothing.
Of course I can use the shader that Unreal shows in the documentation -digital humans-, but this "new" one seems to be pretty easy with the proper indications and actually looks really good on renders.
I appreciate any feedback and thank you in advance.
I guess I'm a bit late (he post it 6 months ago) but couldn't find  some info.

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Making duplicate threads won't make people reply to them. Its just annoying. I'm also not really sure about what you want to know. The full shader graph is shown in the link. Is there a particular node or branch of the graph that you don't understand, or?
  • Bubucela
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bubucela polygon
    Obscura said:
    Making duplicate threads won't make people reply to them. Its just annoying. I'm also not really sure about what you want to know. The full shader graph is shown in the link. Is there a particular node or branch of the graph that you don't understand, or?
    Y I know, it was a mistake (not on purpose spamming) and I asked to an admin to delete the other posts. My apologies. I'm trying to replicate the branch but dunno if there is any material function that is not included in the image or something special.  The question is about the details of the sader (if you know how to replicate exactly would be helpful to understand). Btw the resolution of the image is not so good and there are some nodes that I can't see properly. Actually tought someone can give me another reference more accurated...I'm not a technical artist and there are things that I'm pretty rookie to make it on my own..
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    Have you tried going on his discord and asking him? There is any number of nodes he can be using that I can't quite make out in that graph. Not to mention he doesn't list the material parameters either. Your best bet is to either get in contact with and inquire about it or its release ( he did state he would be releasing it sometime) or to make use of the Paragon skin shader that is free on the UE marketplace and study it so that you can learn from it and adapt it to your needs. 
  • Bubucela
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bubucela polygon
    zachagreg said:
    Have you tried going on his discord and asking him? There is any number of nodes he can be using that I can't quite make out in that graph. Not to mention he doesn't list the material parameters either. Your best bet is to either get in contact with and inquire about it or its release ( he did state he would be releasing it sometime) or to make use of the Paragon skin shader that is free on the UE marketplace and study it so that you can learn from it and adapt it to your needs. 
    Thanks I'll try it for sure!