Home Technical Talk

ZBrush - Making space between two objects

anthonybp
node
Hello everyone,

I'm working on some basic feet right now. But, before I started working on them, I worked on the other part of the body. Because of the many DynaMesh I did, the toes became one. There's geometry between the toes that I don't want.

I'm kinda new with ZBrush and every time I wan't to delete faces, I just let go.

So, how would I be able to create space between each toe ?

Thank you !

Here's an image :

Replies

• musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Do you still have the basemesh before you started Dynameshing? There's not much you can do about that as it is. You'll have to redo the work, but on the bright side we learn by our mistakes and redoing your work is a good thing in the long run. Always save iterations of your files as you go, and always try to work non-destructively. Get in the habit of duplicating tools in ZB for times like this.

Your question to yourself should be why were you Dynameshing a perfectly good basemesh?
  • anthonybp
    Do you still have the basemesh before you started Dynameshing? There's not much you can do about that as it is. You'll have to redo the work, but on the bright side we learn by our mistakes and redoing your work is a good thing in the long run. Always save iterations of your files as you go, and always try to work non-destructively. Get in the habit of duplicating tools in ZB for times like this.

Your question to yourself should be why were you Dynameshing a perfectly good basemesh?
    Wise words.

I still have all my iterations and the base mesh, but I think I'll redo it. Thanks for your advice !
  • musashidan
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    You're welcome. Words from hard-learned experience. I've had my own share of 'do-overs' over the years. :D
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    If you really need the toes and are set on dynamesh you could always splay the toes out until dynamesh has enough space to recalculate the geometry without joining them. Also if the resolution is higher it wont join the digits so readily. Then at the end move the toes back into place. This will make sculpting more difficult though.
  • Scub
    You may also consider splitting different body parts into different subtools so they don't get messed up when you dynamesh. Then you can work on each separately. This will also allow you to keep your resolution appropriate for the detail level of that area.