Home Technical Talk

questions about bifrost

questions about bifrost

I tried making a beach kinda scene with bifrost by watching maya learning channel videos, but then I tried making them and then it really took a very long time for me to cache it, also it never succeded, it always make my computer stuck. After restarting my computer, I tried opening render view, but then in the render view the liquid looks so solid, even though I changed the voxel size to .09 nothing seems to change, do I need to cache the animation first to see results ? Is there any tipa or tricks to do beach simulation with low time consumption?

https://imgur.com/MnsVdkq

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    How much ram does your system have?

Simulations are time consuming. Bifrost does have great quality but is therefore slow. The big studios do not care that much about speed they have monster computers.

For a one man show look at other solutions like phoenix or realflow. 
  • ixonorato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu said:
    How much ram does your system have?

Simulations are time consuming. Bifrost does have great quality but is therefore slow. The big studios do not care that much about speed they have monster computers.

For a one man show look at other solutions like phoenix or realflow. 
    it is 8gb
    but all of them are not free
    I am using an educational ver of maya so it's pretty convenient for me.

or maybe is it because the water surface is not hig enough? It is only around a grid size
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    I have 64GB and ran out of ram if i tried last time todo such a massive sim. Artists they do simulations does have standard 256GB these days.

• ixonorato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu said:
    I have 64GB and ran out of ram if i tried last time todo such a massive sim. Artists they do simulations does have standard 256GB these days.

so is there any other way for me to study dynamics with my current state ?
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    Yes do much smaller sims. And take a look at your ram use.

And have in mind bifrost does work in meter even if your maya is set to cm. You have to scale your scene down or set maya to meters.