Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(UE4) Palace of the mountain king

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Larry interpolator
Hello guys, i've been wanting to do this concept for a while now
https://www.deviantart.com/erikshoemaker/art/Palace-of-the-Mountain-King-478510217
And finally decided to start it yesterday.Took me a while to get the scale right, it has 2 perspective points, but the field of view wasnt easily spottable because of the curves.

White boxing in 3ds max

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Came back determined to finish this. When i started it i didn't have the knowledge on how to efficiently do it,I thought i had to unwrap and bake HP/LP for every individual piece, but now i'm gonna try this with tiling materials and trim sheets. After that comes the environment stuff which i have no idea, but i'll get the speedtree subscription to learn about vegetation in UE4. It seems like the concept is based of real life photos of plaza de espana in Sevilla. Really helped me get the reference i need, one of which is this

I redid the meshes and added them in ue4, at the moment i built the whole hallway through a prefab, i think the total sum of modular objects will be a bit less than 50 (is that an okay number for such a scene?) plus the vegetation and rocks after that.
    Material is a placeholder for now, off to substance designer :)
  • aclund3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aclund3 polycounter lvl 6
    Ah, nothing like coming back to a long resting project :)  Keep at it!
  • Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    Ceiling material, 1k texture